The rules of procedure also govern the undertakings of the Board of Directors and the President and the allocation of duties between the Board and the President. The relevance and validity of the rules of procedure are reviewed each year.
According to the Companies Act, the Board of Directors has overall responsibility for the Group’s organization and management and for ensuring that control of the accounting records, management of funds and financial circumstances in general are satisfactory. The Board of Directors reaches decisions in matters regarding overall aims, strategic orientation and policies of the Group as well as more important issues regarding financing, acquisitions, divestments and investments.
The Board of Directors other duties
Other duties which are incumbent on the Board of Directors include the following:
- Continuously following up and assessing the Company’s financial situation and business development.
- Continuously evaluating the Company’s operative management and the work of the President.
- Ensuring that there is satisfactory control of the Company’s compliance with laws and other rules and evaluating continuously the Company’s systems for internal control and risk management.
- Adopting of guidelines governing the way the Company should act in the community from a sustainability point of view.
The Chairman of the Board
The Chairman of the Board leads the work of the Board of Directors and has ongoing contact with the President to follow the Group’s operations and development continuously. The Chairman of the Board consults with the President on strategic matters and represents the Company in ownership matters.
The Chairman of the Board also ensures that the work of the Board is evaluated once a year and that new Board members receive appropriate training. The Board also evaluates the work of the President although without the person in question being present.
|Name||Function||Attendence1)||Independent in relation to the Company||Independent in relation to the owners|
|Ivo Stopner2)||President||5||No (employee)||Yes
1) Eight board meetings were held during the year, of which six were held after the Annual Meeting.
1) On sick leave January 1-June 30, 2020.